Open Phase domains .sucks
During GA, available .sucks domain names may be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Brands can be protected with the domains .sucks with a block so that they can not be used. A domain name blocked can not be used by anyone, not even the person who requested it.
Rules for block .sucks domains:
- You cannot block "Premium" domains (where the price is higher than the standard price).
- You can create a block for a domain name .sucks that is currently registered by another owner: the registered domain will be unaffected; it will still be active and can be renewed or transferred to another Registrar. The block will only take effect if the domain is deleted.
- A domain name that is blocked can be registered as a domain upon request.
- A block cannot be transferred from one Registrar to another.
- A block can be registered and renewed from 1 through to 10 years.
- A (WHOIS) query for a blocked domain returns reserved unless the domain name is also registered, in this case the WHOIS details are provided.
- A block is not available during Sunrise or any period where SMDs are required for registration.